This movie quiz is a miscellany of various questions about what we Explorers love the best: science fiction films. There are a few easy questions and some tricky ones just to keep you guys alert.
1. The Strangers from Dark City have the power to shape reality. What is the name of that power?a) "Folding"; b) "Tuning"; c) "Forging"; d) "Shaping"
In Dark City, the Strangers' psychic ability to re-shape the city every night and replace the memories of he people who live in it is called "tuning".
2. What model number was the Terminator played by Robert Patrick?a) T-101; b) T-800; c) T-901; d) T-1000
In Terminator 2: Judgment Day Robert Patric plays a new terminator model T-1000. The android is made of liquid metal which allows him to mold its hands into sharp objects and take on the appearance of any person it touches.
3. Jones from the movie Johnny Mnemonic is a...a) mutant cyborg; b) alien cyborg; c) human cyborg; d) dolphin cyborg
The movie Johnny Mnemonic features several cyborgs and one of them is the dolphin cyborg Jones.
4. What is the name of Han Solo's ship?a) Nostromo; b) Millennium Falcon; c) Protector; d) Enterprise
Nostromo spaceship is featured in the Alien movie, Protector comes from the wacky universe of Galaxy Quest, various Enterprise models have secured a special place in Star Trek series and Han Solo's beloved spaceship in Star Wars IV-VI trilogy is named Millennium Falcon.
5. In Back to the Future, what is the name of Doc Emmett Brown's dog in 1955?a) Galileo; b) Einstein; c) Copernicus; d) Newton
Doc Emmet Brown has a penchant for naming his dogs after famous scientists. In the year 1955 his dog's name is Copernicus and in the year 1985 his pooch goes by Einstein.
6. Proteus 4 is a supercomputer from which movie?a) Runaway; b) Demon Seed; c) Saturn 3; d) Alien
In Runaway there are spider robots, in Saturn 3 robot Hector, in the movie Alien there is a ship computer named U-TH-R (called by the crew "mother"). Proteus 4 is the gigantic artificial brain, aka supercomputer, from Demon Seed.
7. How does Prot from K-PAX travel?a) He has a spaceship.; b) He travels using the beam of light.; c) He "folds" space.; d) He travels using wormhole.
This is an in-joke in the movie K-PAX. Prot claims he never packs much as he travels "light".
8. In Dune, Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam tests Paul with the box. What is in the box?a) Snake; b) Weirding Module; c) Pain; d) Worm
Bene Geserit sisterhood, to which Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam belongs, have a terrifying way of testing their subjects: it involves an inconspicuous green box. However, when Paul Atreides asks what is contained in it, Reverend Mother replies,"Pain".
9. What is the name of the computer in Electric Dreams?a) Edward; b) Edwin; c) Edgar; d) Eddy
Edgar is the name of the computer in the movie Electric Dreams.
10. How long do Replicants live?a) 4 years; b) 10 years; c) 50 years; d) 101 years
"Well, I'm afraid that's a little out of my jurisdiction..." Dr. Eldon Tyrell responds when the replicant Roy asks him about the possibility of fixing the "death" issue in the movie Blade Runner.
11. In Predator, Blain does not have time to...a) sleep; b) wait; c) duck; d) bleed
Big, tough guy that he is, Blain, naturally, does not have time to bleed.
12. Riddick is...a) Furious; b) Furyan; c) Famous; d) Fureac
In The Chronicles of Riddick, it is assumed that Riddick is the last Furyan, but there may yet be another one. Click here to find out who that might be.
13. In Back to the Future, what is the name of the party where Marty McFly's parents kiss for the first time?a) The Fish Under the Sea dance; b) The Enchantment Under the Sea dance; c) The Pearls Under the Sea dance; d) The Fun Under the Sea dance
The Enchantment Under the Sea is the name of the school dance party in 1955 where Marty has to bring together his teenage parents George and Lorraine if he is to survive the time travel adventure and return to 1985 - not an easy task.
14. In Dune, the gom jabbar which Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam holds against Paul's neck during his testing kills only...a) aliens; b) animals; c) humans; d) unbelievers
The gom jabbar is a poisonous needle. The poison kills only animals.
15. Gaff speaks several languages when he approaches Deckard at the beginning of Blade Runner. One of these languages is...a) Russian; b) Bulgarian; c) Hungarian d) Polish
In the "noodle" scene Gaff speaks a futuristic hodge-podge of German, Korean, Japanese, French and Hungarian.
16. Who is the favorite composer of Alex De Large, the main character of A Clockwork Orange?a) Beethoven; b) Mozart; c) Schubert; d) Haydn Alex De Large's favorite composer is Beethoven.
17. Who programmed HAL 9000?a) Dr. Clarke; b) Dr. Chandra; c) Dr. Kubrick; d) Mr. Langley
Although Hall 9000 in the 2001: A Space Odyssey (directed by Kubrick) mentions Mr. Langley when Dave starts shutting it down, in the movie 2010 we learn that HAL's creator is actually Dr. Chandra.
18. Which pill does Neo choose in The Matrix to see "how deep the rabbit hole goes"?a) White; b) Red; c) Yellow; d) Blue
In the movie The Matrix Morpheus offers two pills to Neo: red and blue. Neo picks the red pill.
19. What are the names of the two survivors at the end of the movie The Thing?a) MacReady and Childs; b) Nauls and Palmer; c) Garry and Dr. Copper; d) Vance Norris and Windows
At the end of the movie The Thing there remain only Childes and MacReady.
20. What is the name of the planet in Serenity where Reynolds and his crew discover the terrifying truth about Reavers?a) Miriam; b) M-PAX; c) Minox 10; d) Miranda
In the movie Serenity, Miranda is the name of the elusive planet where captain Reynolds and his crew come upon Dr. Caron's last recording and learn about the failed project which has led to the "creation" of the ghastly Reavers.
21. In The Fifth Element, The Diva's name Plavalaguna means Blue Lagoon in which language?a) Norwegian; b) Croatian; c) Greek; d) Spanish
22. What is the name of the film that featured people called the Eloi and the Morlocs?a) This Island Earth; b) Solaris; c) Time Machine; d) The Day The Earth Stood Still
H. George Wells in the movie Time Machine uses his invention to travel to a far-far future where he meets the sinister Morlocs and tame Eloi.
23. In The Chronicles of Riddick, Kyra is jailed on a planet called...a) Helion Prime; b) LV-426; c) Crematoria; d) Altair IV
Kyra is held in a triple-max prison "a no-daylight slam" on the planet Crematoria. Helion Prime is another planet from The Chronicles of Riddick where Riddick meets Aereon, who asks him to fight against the Necromongers. LV-426, in the movie Alien, is the planet where unfortunate crew lands and picks up the eight, alien, passenger. Altair IV is the home of Dr. Morbius, his daughter Alta and Robby the Robot in the movie Forbidden Planet.
24. Which of the following is NOT a captain of spaceship?a) Dallas; b) Peter Quincy Taggart; c) John Preston; d) John J. Adams
Dallas is the captain of Nostromo in the movie Alien, Peter Quincy Taggart is the commander of NSEA Protector in the movie Galaxy Quest and John J. Adams of United Planets Cruiser C-57D. John Preston is a Grammaton Cleric from the movie Equilibrium.
25. What are the names of the three agents in the movie The Matrix?a) Smith, Brown and Jones; b) Smith, Wilson and Taylor; c) Smith, Brown and Johnson; d) Smith, Thomas and Jones
They look alike, they finish each other's sentances and they are deadly virtual-world agents. Smith, Brown and Jones are the gatekeeper computer programs in the movie The Matrix.
Like This Page?
Please Pay It Forward And Spread the Word
Share Explore-Science-Fiction-Movies.com with your friends!
Copyright © 2008-2017 Explore-Science-Fiction-Movies.com
All Rights Reserved.
All movie pictures are copyright to their respectful owners.
They are posted for informational purposes only.