Test your knowledge of SF movie anti-heroes with this movie quiz. It is contributed by our anti-hero explorer and science fiction movie reviewer SAndman.
1. Anti-hero is ...a) the hero's opponent; b) a hero whose actions are morally questionable; c) a superhero who lost super powers; d) a hero who has passed through a black hole
Anti-hero is a hero whose actions are morally questionable.
2. Which anti-hero betrayed his faith?a) Deckard; b) Purifier; c) Wolverine; d) Malcolm Reynolds
In The Chronicles of Riddick we meet a tortured character who goes by a strange moniker Purifier. In the course of the story we learn that he betrayed his faith and converted to the Necromonger creed.
3. Which of these anti-heroes is believed to be dead by most every character in the movie?a) Rick Deckard; b) Riddick; c) Snake Plissken; d) Wolverine
This is an in-joke in Escape from New York. Snake Plissken is thought to be dead by most every character in the movie.
4. Which of the anti-heroes was NOT a cop once?a) Deckard; b) Lenny Nero; c) Mad Max; d) Malcolm Reynolds
Malcolm Reynolds was a soldier, that is, a non-com officer fighting in the Unification War for the Independents against the Alliance.
5. Which of these guys drives a V-8 "Interceptor" car?a) Snake Plissken; b) Rick Deckard; c) R.J. MacReady; d) Mad Max
Mad Max is the driver of the upgraded V-8 "Interceptor" Pursuit Special vehicle.
6. Anti-hero is usually...a) accompanied by a sidekick; b) accompanied by a pet; c) alone; d) accompanied by a spouse
The doom of an anti-hero is to be alone, or shunned, or despised, or feared. Which only makes him that much more awesome a character.
7. Which of these characters wears welding goggles?a) Van Zan; b) Snake Plissken; c) Riddick; d) Wolverine
Riddick has to wear the welding goggles due to a little surgical procedure he underwent and of which we learn more in Pitch Black.
8. Which of the anti-heroes is possibly a machine?a) Mad Max; b) Purifier; c) Rick Deckard; d) Lenny Nero
There is strong evidence that the (anti)hero of Blade Runner is a replicant, that is a machine. Check out the paper figurines Gaffs keeps leaving behind him for Deckard to find.
9. What is the name of the troops under Van Zan's command?a) Merry Company; b) The Space Marines; c) The Kentucky Irregulars; d) The Thunderbirds
Van Zan commands The Kentucky Irregulars. It is a company of dragon slayers, whose day job baffles Quinn, leader of the British refugees in the movie Reign of Fire.
10. Which of the anti-heroes wears an eye-patch?a) Riddick; b) Wolverine; c) Malcolm Reynolds; d) Snake Plissken
Besides long hair and leather jacket, Snake Plissken's chief trade mark is an eye-patch.
11. What is Rorschach's real name?a) Herman Rorschach; b) Walter Kovacs; c) Wilhelm Reich; d) Erich Fromm
Rorschach's real name is Walter Kovacs.
12. Riddick's weapon of choice is...a) A flame-thrower; b) A knife; c) A trident; d) A laser gun
On a number of occasions in Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick demonstrates his skill with knives and blades of various length and shape.
13. Which of these anti-heroes is a mutant?a) Johnny Mnemonic; b) Wolverine; c) Snake Plissken; d) Malcolm Reynolds
Wolverine is a mutant, and a surgically enhanced mutant to boot.
14. Rorschach belongs to a group of vigilantes called?a) The Avengers; b) Justice League of America; c) Watchmen; d) Monty Python Flying Circus
Rorschach belongs to a group of vigilantes which call themselves Watchmen.
15. How many replicants did Deckard "retire" by his own hand?a) one; b) two; c) three; d) four
Deckard retired two replicants, Zhora and Pris. Rachael shoots down Leon, and Roy Batty dies as a result of a built-in physiological failure.
16. Who suffers from amnesia?a) Snake Plissken; b) Rorschach; c) Wolverine; d) Lenny Nero
Wolverine suffers from amnesia, which is the result of the wounds from adamantium bullets shot into his head.
17. Which anti-hero grew up on a ranch?a) Malcolm Reynolds; b) Snake Plissken; c) R.J. MacReadyl; d) Purifier
Malcolm Reynolds grew up on a ranch on the planet Shadow.
18. One of the anti-heroes has an artificial memory storage device in his head. Which one?a) Lenny Nero; b) Johnny Mnemonic; c) Purifier; d) Malcolm Reynolds
As we learn in Johnny Mnemonic, Johnny has an artificial memory storage in his head.
19. One of the anti-heroes has a penchant for brash ties. Which one?a) Han Solo; b) Johnny Mnemonic; c) Lenny Nero; d) Wolverine
Lenny Nero wears brash ties. In the movie Strange Days, his best friend jokes about him dressing like a pimp.
20. Which of these characters does NOT wear a leather jacket?a) Johnny Mnemonic; b) Snake Plissken; c) Mad Max; d) Wolverine
Johnny Mmemonic prefers a formal suit and tie to the somewhat typical anti-hero garb.
21. Which of the anti-heroes is betrayed by his best friend?a) R.J. MacReady; b) Lenny Nero; c) Riddick; d) Mad Max
Lenny Nero, in the movie Strange Days, is betrayed by Max Peltier.
22. Which war did Malcolm Reynolds fight in?a) World War III; b) War of Independence; c) War of Unification; d) Civil War
Malcolm Reynolds fought in the Unification War on the losing side.
23. What is the name of Mad Max's nemesis in the movie The Road Warrior?a) Duke; b) Wez; c) Smith; d) Coloner Stryker
Wez is the name of the Max's nemesis in The Road Warrior. Duke is Snake Plissken's opponent in Escape from New York, Smith is Neo's nightmare in The Matrix movies, Colonel Stryker's is Wolverine's chief adversary.
24. Who loves playing computer chess?a) Wolverine; b) Han Solo; c) R.J. MacReady; d) Lenny Nero
R.J. MacReady loves playing computer chess, but he just cannot handle defeat as demonstrated in The Thing.
25. How does Van Zan come to England?a) by teleportation device; b) by submarine ; c) by flying saucer; d) by plane
Van Zan comes to England by plane, which is a mind-boggling feat considering that in the movie Reign of Fire the sky is ruled by dragons.
26. Which color is Malcolm Reynolds's trademark coat?a) green; b) black; c) blue; d) brown
Brown, as in the Browncoats.
27. Who is admired by a teenager named Jack?a) Rorschach; b) R.J. MacReady; c) Mad Max; d) Riddick
Jack is a boy, who later turns out to be a girl, who looks up to Riddick in Pitch Black.
28. Who has a hacker friend named Mr. Universe?a) Malcom Reynolds; b) Purifier; c) Johnny Mnemonic; d) Wolverine
Malcolm Reynolds has a hacker friend named Mr. Universe, who occasionally supplies Malcolm with high-profile data.
29. What is the name of Han Solo's nemesis?a) Red Pilgrim; b) Doctor Octopus; c) Goliath; d) Jabba the Hut
Jabba the Hut is the name of Han Solo's nemesis.
30. Which of the following mythological creatures appears in Deckard's dreams?a) A griffin; b) A dragon; c) A unicorn; d) A leprechaun
A unicorn appears in Deckard's dreams. Is it just a dream or, maybe, a memory implant?
Like This Page?
Please Pay It Forward And Spread the Word
Share Explore-Science-Fiction-Movies.com with your friends!
Copyright © 2008-2017 Explore-Science-Fiction-Movies.com
All Rights Reserved.
All movie pictures are copyright to their respectful owners.
They are posted for informational purposes only.