Trek, New Star Trek Movie
by JanD & KJ
We just love the latest Star Trek Movie!
What a fantastic film, I think we have probably seen it about 5 times already (KJ and I are proper trekkies, we watch series on DVD all the time as there is often nothing on the T.V. that interests us). Here is what we thought of it.
Added by ESFM Director
: J.J. AbramsWriters
Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
television series "Star Trek": Gene Roddenberry Cast
Chris Pine as Kirk
Zachary Quinto as Spock
Zoe Saldana as Uhura
Karl Urban as Bones
Simon Pegg as Scotty
John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
Anton Yelchin as Chekov
Eric Bana as Nero
Simon Pegg as ScottyReleased
: I like this ship! You know, it's exciting!
The CharactersJames Tiberius Kirk
- We thought Chris Pine was perfect at playing the part of Captain Kirk. He had all the mannerisms and little quirks, we don't think a better actor could have been chosen for this part.
Favourite Part: When Kirk asked Nero to beam aboard in a rescue attempt and Nero says 'he would rather die' Kirk's reply was 'You Got It'.Spock
- Ah Mr Spock is a great character. Zachary Quinto played Mr Spock excellently, what a great choice. It was nice to see Spock's relation with Kirk develop from hatred to lifelong friends.
Favourite Part: When Mr Spock was about to be transported over to Nero's ship and he was kissing Uhura, that was lovely, it showed Spock did have feelings. It was also lovely to see the original Mr Spock appear in the film.Bones
- Dr Macoy was a great character, the way these guys were all brought together was fantastic, the doctor played by Karl Urban gets on the ship and is complaining from the start about being frightened of flying in outer space, he sounded just like the original Dr Macoy.
Favourite Part: When Dr Macoy was trying to get Kirk on the Enterprise and he injects him, that was so funny when his hands swell up and his speech went.Uhura
- Zoe Saldnana played Uhura really well and I love that she was romantically involved with Mr Spock.
Favourite Part: As I said in Mr Spocks favourite part, when they are kissing at the transporter and when she is comforting Spock in the lift after his mum dies.Scotty
- Simon Pegg was the perfect choice for the part of Scotty, he played it really good, the accent was just like the original.
Favourite Part: When Scotty and Kirk transported back to the enterprise and Scotty landed in the tubes that were full of water.Chekov
- Anton Yelchin played Mr Chekov, brilliant actor, he looked so young and the way he spoke must have been really difficult to get Chekov's accent right, great accent.
Favourite Part: When Chekov decided he could help beam Kirk and Sulu back from the planet and he was running along the corridors, he was so funny.Summary:
Well that's what we thought of Star Trek 2009, writing this has made me want to watch it again.
When they said they were bringing out a new Star Trek Film based on the original characters, we thought it might not be very good, but we were so wrong, it is a brilliant film, we love it. The actors were all perfectly suited to the roles, they looked like the originals characters, sounded like the originals, very good choice.Our Wish List:
We hope they make another Star Trek film using the same actors, we wait in hope.